Friday, March 7, 2008

Redo - Love at First Sight

I had a yearning to create something but couldn't find the right photos/kits for a new LO, so I went back and redid one of my traditional LOs. I was prompted by a ScrapMatters blog entry last week to "scraplift yourself" and while this wasn't a total scraplift, many of the original elements are still intact. I bought these vintage garden papers by Flergs (during her birthday sale) and instantly thought that they would be good for these "first moment" photos of the girls and so therefore when inspiration was lacking for something new - it was time to go back to something that didn't sit quite right the first time.

I learned a valuable lesson today - SAVE and save often. I almost had the LO complete and then accidently closed it. Then while I was almost done the 2nd time PSE locked up on me - a first, but then it become a 2nd and 3rd tonight as well. Fortunately I had learned my lesson, but its frustrating when your program doesn't work well.

Not much new here - a new action and I played around with the blending modes so that the quote would be readable but not the focus. I ended up using two blending modes - vivid light & soft light, both set at 50% opacity for the layer.










the redo the original


Floral Paper, photo Mat & Tear from Vintage Garden by Flergs
Pink Paper & Staple from Blog Freebie by L. Riordan
Ribbon from Spring Romantic bonus by Doreen Stoltz
Actions - sandededge, inkededge, & pristine chipboard by Atomic Cupcake
Fonts - Stephanie Marie SF, Times New Roman, CK Ali's Writing

No comments: