Monday, December 31, 2007

My 3rd Christmas

These pages don't feel like my finest moments, but I always need to ramp up with my scrapping and I've been off for three weeks now. Lots of holiday memories to scrap - but I don't want to overdo it since we don't have lots of pictures of the previous Christmases.

I used a template, but had to change it a bit. It had some really neat elements that I kept - like the folder tie & the ribbon stitching - but I had to work at it to make them mine. The template was really neat, but it was all gray scale, so it was designed to be just recolored, but once again the bright colors of the girls dresses didn't really lend themselves to simple recoloring. I had to take the folder tie completely apart (thread, button, eyelet) and I had to add the gold eyelets to the ribbon tie, otherwise they would have been just brown too. In the end it was worth the effort, but sometimes I just wish I knew how to design a ribbon - but I think that might be a while off.








Template - Template 66 by Lottchen
Kit - Tis the Season by Retrodiva
Action - Chipboard by Atomic Cupcake
Font - 2Peas Flea Market

No comments: