Sunday, July 13, 2008

Easter Cutie

Ok, once again I don't feel like this is my best work, but these pictures have been out there for a while waiting to be scrapped and it feels good just to have the LO completed. Only this Easter to go (I think I only got one or two good photos this year too) and then on to Birthdays.

I had to spend some time with this LO recoloring everything. I really liked the designs in this kit, but the colors didn't coordinate with the photos. It took the longest to get the background paper changed from teal dots to green dots - it isn't really difficult, you just use the magic wand selector and select the color. Since it has a slight grunge effect the tone isn't 100% all over so I just had to select a bunch of times to get most of it, and then I enlarged the dots just a smidge and recolored.

If you'd really like some inspiration for this template check out these two LOs. This one by Tracyfish is a Spin A Lift - you'd hardly recognize the template. I think Dani Mogstad is a fabulous scrapper (and designer) and this LO is no exception.








Template #31 for Cookie Decorating 101 at Sweet Shoppe Designs
Kit - Trendy Pop Addon by Cori Gammom (all recolored)
Flowers from Promise by Shabby Princess (recolored)
Actions - Painted Metal, Colored Glass by Atomic Cupcake
Fonts - Mandingo, CK Journaling

1 comment:

the3chickens said...

I think they look great, Sarah, love the colours and the clean feel of the LOs. It sounds like a lot of work with the recolouring! Did you try hue/sat or hue/sat on green setting? Thanks for sharing the LOs, love seeing your cutie twins :) You do make me feel guilty though - you have twins and design and still have time to do twin LOs while I have trouble getting 1 done! :D Thanks for the link to AlyD too, I only had a quick look but it looks like a great blog. Have a great day :)